We LOVE to save biodegradable items from the landfill! Especially because most of them can be used to feed our animals or to feed the soil. It's a win-win!
Pigs LOVE to eat pumpkins and gourds!
How it works:
- Drop off your pumpkins/gourds anytime!
- There should be a cart for pumpkins marked with a sign and parked near the farm stand at the end of our driveway.
- If the cart isn't there, feel free to drop your pumpkins on the ground next to the farm stand.
Other items we'll happily accept:
- Kitchen scraps - can be fed to pigs or chickens or composted. More details here.
- Corn stalks - can be fed to pigs and/or composted.
- Straw bales - can be used as livestock bedding, garden mulch, or composted.
- Fall leaves - wonderful for the gardens and compost pile.
- Grass clippings - wonderful for the gardens and compost pile.
- Christmas trees - can be fed to goats, composted, chipped for garden use, or burned. More details here.