Farm Tours & Events
March 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for a hands-on no-till workshop as we prepare our gardens for the 2023 growing season!
Work alongside us in our beyond-organic, no-till garden and then take what you learn home to your own garden.
You will learn and experience:
- No-till gardening
- Hugelkultur gardening
- Where to source free and affordable garden materials
- How to maximize wood chips in your garden
- How to use living mulches
- How to maximize vertical growing space
- How to create interplantings
- Garden irrigation
- And so much more!
WHAT TO WEAR:
Please dress for the weather.
- Layers: clothes that can get dirty
- Sun protection
- Work gloves
A chilly day will probably feel colder on our farm than it feels in your backyard. Our farm gets significant wind at times and even the slightest wind can make it feel much colder. It’s always better to bring extra layers and not need them than to come underdressed and feel miserable.
Consider wearing a hat, sunglasses, and/or sunscreen for sun protection.
Wear boots if possible or old shoes at a minimum. Your shoes will get dirty!
You’ll also need work gloves to protect your hands from blisters, splinters, cuts, and scrapes.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Water bottle
- Sun screen
WHEN & WHERE:
- Saturday, March 25
- Rain date: Saturday, April 1
- 10 AM – 4 PM
- Roots & Boots Homestead: 42722 Lucketts Rd in Leesburg, VA
- Limited spots available on a first come, first served basis.
- All ticket sales are final. NO REFUNDS.
- Your invoice is your ticket, we do not mail paper tickets.
- $125/person (age 14 & up)
- Ticket price includes a homegrown lunch on the farm, plus snacks and water.
- ALL participants must be age 14 or older. No children under age 14 permitted at this workshop.
- ALL guests must be physically able to use a shovel and push a wheelbarrow.
- ALL guests should come prepared to work, learn, and have fun!
If food-growing, local farms, and regenerative agriculture are important to you, please help us spread the word! Tell your friends, neighbors, school groups, etc. so we can pack this workshop and continue offering events in the future. Can’t wait to see you on the farm!